Autism 101 Summary
- Autism 101 with Chantal Sicile-Kira covers ASD diagnosis, applied behavior analysis, social interaction, occupational therapy, organizational skills, practical tips.
- Autism 101: the Basics – In this webinar, some questions that parents new to autism will have are answered.
- Topics covered include:
- The diagnosis of autism or an autism spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Practical help with behaviors
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA) and how it is useful
- Functional behavior analysis (what it is and what it does)
- Social interaction between children on the spectrum and neuro-typical children
- Social skills and scripting
- Educational options and issues
- Occupational therapy
- Teaching organizational skills
- Home therapy services
- Autism Life Skills book
|Download Autism 101 Transcripts
Speaker: Chantal Sicile Kira
Chantal Sicile-Kira is the national Autism and Adolescent columnist for the Examiner.com. You can read her column here :
Chantal is also an autism activist, International speaker, and the author of award-winning books on autism. Her books are:
Autism Life Skills
Adolescents on the Autism Spectrum,
and Autism Spectrum Disorders ( Penguin US, Random House UK).
Chantal hosts a radio show on Autism One Radio. For more information visit:www.chantalsicile-kira.com.